GAS STATION SYSTEMSTRI STATE FIRE PROTECTION
Tri State Fire Protection will inspect and maintain the dry chemical fire suppression systems at your locations by our qualified technicians on a semi-annual basis per the manufacturer's manual and NFPA 17, as well as any state and local codes. Once we have identified the inspection due date, all information concerning the location will be uploaded into our state-of-the-art information and dispatch system to ensure that our inspections will always be on time.
The Semi-annual Inspection will include:
- Check the hazard area to determine if any changes have been made.
- Check to determine if the tamper indicators are in place and if the systems have been tampered with.
- Check the entire system for mechanical damage.
- Disconnect the control head or pneumatic tubing from the agent cylinders.
- Remove the cartridge from the control head and exercise the control head to ensure that it is functioning properly.
- Check that the remote pull station is operating properly.
- Conduct a visual inspection to determine that there is no damage to the detector or build up of foreign debris.
- Reinstall the cartridge and replace the control head cover and tamper indicator.
- Inspect the cylinder pressure. Tap the gauge lightly to ensure that the needle is moving freely and has the correct operating pressure.
- Determine if the nozzle blow-off caps are intact and undamaged and replace if necessary.
- A detailed inspection report identifying that the system is in compliance and operational will be provided.
- Affix a weather protected tag with a wire to the system identifying all required items per NFPA 17 and state and local codes.
- Inspect as per the six month maintenance instructions above.
- An operational/functional test of the detection system will be provided in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions.
- Disconnect the discharge piping from the agent cylinder.
- Using compressed air or dry nitrogen, blow out the discharge piping and replace all nozzle caps.
- Remove the cylinder to verify the fill weight.
- Replace the carbon dioxide check.
- Document our findings.
Tri State Fire Protection will give you the peace of mind that your systems will be inspected and maintained properly.
- 84 Lake Street
Nashua, NH 03060
- Telephone: 800.861.0119
- Fax: 603-589-2051
- Newington, NH